Bow & Bay Windows add a special touch to your new or existing home. They fill interior rooms with fresh air and natural light making any room appear larger. Trust The Window Source of Eastern NC to provide beautiful customizable bow and bay windows fully installed.
What are Bay Windows?
Whether traditional or modern in design, your home will look amazing with bay windows that add a much sought after design aesthetic. Not only do they add architectural interest to the overall exterior of a home, but they also increase the space in any room.
Customizable and versatile, our bay windows are configured with a wide center picture window and two casement or double-hung windows on opposite sides. Bay windows create a cozy nook or seating area extending out from the room, while making the room appear larger. A newly installed bay window creates a panoramic view that lets in tons of natural light and opens up the interior space.
What are Bow Windows?
Similar in design to bay windows, bow windows are configured in a semi-circle offering a broad view plus natural light and great air flow. With a more pronounced half-circle configuration, bow windows are constructed with between three to six windows that form a curved bow.
At The Window Source of Eastern NC, we can customize bow windows with a selection of one or more window units from ventilating casement windows to picture windows to create the cross ventilation system that works best for your home. For new or replacement bow windows, contact us for a free estimate.
Can I Replace an Existing Window with a Bow or Bay Window?
Absolutely! At the Window Source, our customizable bow and bay windows can be added to most existing large picture windows. With few, if any, structural changes, our construction team ensures that your windows are tied into an existing overhang or installed with an optional roof assembly and sealed to ensure a weather-tight fit.
Our local craftsmen and expert window technicians can configure and install your new windows ensuring they look like an original part of your home’s construction and not a later add-on.
Our Bow and Bay Window Feature:
- Multi-chambered 3 1/4 inch vinyl window frames
- Heavy-duty solid wood buck frame with steel mullion rods that securely support the entire bow or bay window unit
- Head and seat are 1-inch exterior grade plywood with birch veneer paintable finish or upgrade to stainable oak
- Double-hung, casement, and picture windows are available with an interior wood grain finish
- Warm edge spacer system
- Exterior vinyl cladding is completely maintenance-free
- Can be built into exterior soffit area for protection and a finished look
- Optional shingle roof package and superior insulated seat boards
- Meets Energy Star requirements with select glass packages